Locations & Hours of Operation
Northside Location (Ability Resource Centre)
1610 – 29th Street North
Downtown Location (JobLinks Site)
416 – 8th Street South
Hours of Operation (Both locations)
Open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Closed on Sundays and Holidays
Where do profits go?
The Ability Resource Centre is operated as a charitable not-for-profit organization. All profits realized from the bottle depots and other operations are used to supplement the programs for individuals with disabilities who we serve.
Other Services Offered
- Walk in counter service with full cash refund
- Commercial pick-up service
- Bottle drives
Virtual Bottle Drives
Your organization may set up an account with the bottle depot and have your members and supporters bring in their containers and donate the proceeds to you. We sort and count the donation, credit the proceeds to your account and send you a cheque at the end of each month.
Alberta Bottle Depot Associations new Provincial Fundraising Program - Depot operators ask Albertans to make a donation and make a difference.
- Alberta Cans for Kids is a new fundraising initiative implemented by the Alberta Bottle Depot Association (ABDA) at over 200 bottle depots across Alberta.
- Each year a new charity (focused on meeting the needs of children in the province) will be chosen as a campaign partner.
- The campaign partner selected by ABDA for this year is the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation in Calgary.
- This ongoing initiative has a goal of raising $100,000 through the recycling of beverage containers.
Donating one can to the campaign is a simple act that every Albertan can do. It's good for the environment and it helps kids - our most important resource.
Regular Bottle Drive
Your group collects the containers and drops them off at our depot. We will sort and count them and send you a cheque for the full amount. It helps us to accommodate bottle drives if you book ahead.
For more information, contact Jayne or Brian at 403-329-3911.
What Can I Recycle?
For information on the types of containers that are recyclable, visit the Alberta Beverage Container Recycling Corporation or the Beverage Container Management Board websites.
- Lethbridge and area residents recycle over 18,000,000 containers per year through our bottle depots.
- There are more than 216 independently owned bottle depots in Alberta
- More than 1.6 billion beverage containers (including milk) are sold in Alberta
- More than 1.3 billion beverage containers (including milk) are returned
- More than 50,000 beverage containers are registered in Alberta